Saturday, January 2, 2010

Letting Myself Off the Hook

I've decided to let myself off the hook, and not force myself to write a review for every single book that I read. After all, it's the Christmas holidays, so I should be relaxing and enjoying myself, and my blog is supposed to be fun, so it shouldn't feel like hard work.

Her Fearful Symmetry by Audrey Niffenegger.

Received as a Christmas present from my sister-in-law Cassie.

***** "Lives up to the hype."













Lean Mean Thirteen by Janet Evanovich.

Borrowed from my local public library.

***** "So much fun!"













Quirkology: How We Discover the Big Truths in Small Things by Richard Wiseman.

Borrowed from my local public library.

*** "Readable, but not enough science in it for me. Too fluffy."












So that's what I've been reading. How about you?

4 comments:

Shannon said...

I haven't read any of Audrey Niffenegger... have seen "The Time Traveler's Wife" movie, though and thought it was pretty good.

Janet Evanovich is one of my favorite authors! Her Stephanie Plum books are hilarious!

Louise said...

Happy New Year to you and a special thank you for your kind comment on my most recent post.
It means a lot. I look forward to a fun 2010 with much great reading and blogging.

I also like Janet Evanovich but haven't read no. 13 yet. Have it on my TBR though.

Alex the Girl said...

I haven't read a singe thing in FAR too long. Le sigh. Can't seem to find the one that motivates me enough to pick it up. However, after watching previews for "The Lovely Bones" I am considering reading the book that inspired the movie.

Fiona said...

Hey girls! Shannon - remember that the book is always better than the movie :)
Louise - I hope that 2010 is your best year yet :)
Alex - I want to read The Lovely Bones too :)