The lovely Maria Grazia at Fly High! has passed on the Happy 101 Award to me. Thankyou so much Maria! The rules are that I must list 10 things that make me happy, then pass on the award to seven other bloggers.
So here goes - I'm going to be brutally honest with this list - 10 things that make me happy.
1. The beauty of nature. Pictures give me a lift, but there's nothing like actually being out in it. Whether it's the beach or the bush, sunset or rain, plants or animals, mountains, waterfalls or deserts; just being outdoors in nature, breathing the air and taking in the view makes me happy.
2. When my children are happy. I love to watch my kids participate in an activity that they really enjoy, or receive an award or a present that they really love. It makes me happy to see their faces light up, and I love when they call out "Mum!" (as in "look at me!").
3. Giving and receiving presents. I like buying presents for people; I enjoy choosing something that I think they'll really like. I must admit, I do sometimes feel a little bit anxious when they open it though! And - it makes me happy to get gifts! I love it!
4. Eating out. Whether it's just a simple coffee, or a full three course meal in a five star restaurant, I love eating out! I enjoy choosing from the menu and having someone serve me (!). I like to look at the view, or watch the people go by, or chat with my tablemates.
5. Watching movies. Back in the day, B.C. (before children), I used to see lots of movies. It was rare for me to wait to see a movie until it was out on video (yes, it was video then, not DVD!). I still love watching movies, but it's more of a treat for me now, so I'm more careful about what I see. Also, I see a lot more kids movies these days!
6. Reading. I'll read anything, anywhere, anytime. I'll even read while I'm watching TV! I find reading relaxing and stimulating, informative and entertaining. I could never give it up! I also enjoy reading out loud.
7. Being praised. How embarrassing! I do like being told I'm wonderful!
8. Having nothing in particular that I have to do. It makes me happy to have no "must do", "should do" or "ought to do" filling up my day. I love it when I know that I can just do whatever I want!
9. Feeling satisfied that I've done a good job. I love the happy feeling that I get when I've completed a task and really feel proud of myself that I've done my best.
10. Beautiful things. Looking at art makes me happy. Looking through a fashion or home magazine and admiring a gorgeous pair of shoes, or fabulously decorated living room makes me happy. Buying a really pretty pair of earrings makes me happy. I like beautiful things.
So that's me. And now I'm passing this award on to 7 blogs that make me happy:
3. Sarah Wilson
Congratulations to the bloggers responsible for the blogs above. Your blogs are enjoyable and entertaining to read and make me happy!