Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Big Plans

Did you know that the earliest that you can confirm flight bookings is 330 days before travel?

And since my family is planning a five week overseas holiday for June/July 2012 it is not long until I can start booking flights?

Hooray!

I have started working out a couple of tentative itineraries for what I like to call my "World Tour 2012".

Here are some pictures to give you some clues...



All that in just five weeks? Well I didn't say that we were going to get much rest!

Once I go to see my travel agent and talk $$$ I'll know more about what we can and cannot do. Although I have kind offers of accomodation at two of our planned destinations, I still have airfares/train fares/car hire to consider; accomodation at some of the most expensive places on earth (sob!); and of course we'll need to eat! Some of the places we'd like to visit also have attractions with hefty entry fees. I may have to scale back our plans and spend longer with kind friends (!), ultimately having a more relaxing holiday but seeing less. Isn't it horrible to have to be sensible some times!

I'll keep you posted...

3 comments:

Christine Smith said...

Fiona! talk to me!!! I'll fill you in to what worked for us and what didn't. I have 2 adult and 2 children London passes which we hardly used. It's valid until the end of next year so you're more than welcome to use the attractions we didn't. Also can suggest where to stay and what to do. As a ball park in dollars: $8K for airfares, about $15K for accommodation and transfers and tours plus extra for spending. We probably spent around $30K. It's difficult getting family rooms so we were booked into 2 separate rooms which was good. Disneyland Paris is a must but go to their webpage and see if they have a deal. We paid half price for a 3 night stay with passes. Very expensive but worth it. Anyway we should catch up so I can tell you what worked for me and what didn't. Do you have a travel agent? Mine was brilliant. Also go to expedia.com.au to look for deals. I booked airfares from England to Ireland and some accommodation through them.

Dillypoo said...

I'm sooooo excited for you guys (I mean y'all)! Let me know what you need from me to help put together plans. I'll also see if I can find and deals on amusement park tickets and such.

Squee! Can't wait!

sammy said...

That's so exciting...and great to have something to look forward to.