Thursday, December 8, 2011

Feeling Un-Festive

I'm desperately needing an infusion of Christmas Spirit.



And while I wouldn't say no to alcohol, when I say Christmas Spirit I'm not talking about a few margaritas followed by a bottle of wine.

I'm talking about that warm, fuzzy, good-will-towards-men feeling that I should be getting about now.

Confession time.
  • My Christmas tree is not up yet and I don't even care.
  • I bought myself a very expensive present today, and I don't even feel excited about it. Just kind of sick about the amount of money that I spent.
On the positive side of things, I have a job interview next week. And I've applied for two other jobs that I'm waiting to hear about. So although I think that the timing leaves a little bit to be desired, I'm trying to focus on making the best possible case for myself. And fingers crossed, I might have some regular library work next year.

I've also been reminded a lot lately about how very blessed I am.



Christmas or no Christmas, as long as I have my husband and children, I have everything I need

Lately I been feeling my heart bursting with love and pride every time I look at my family, or even think about them. I may even have been shedding a few happy tears

So friends, how are you all feeling about the fast approaching Christmas season? Are you bursting with joy? Struggling a little? Have you got an advice for me to help me start to feel festive?

4 comments:

Dillypoo said...

Ditto those sentiments. My "ho ho ho" is more "ho ho hum" this year. Working on it, though.

Brandy@YDK said...

i think our christmas is given to us by Grayson. He's JUST SO EXCITED about the lights and the tree and everything. it's contagious

Beth said...

You know what gets me into the holiday spirit? People watching. Especially if it's cold out, and I have a cup of cocoa, and I can listen to holiday tunes and see people bustling about all sweatered up. That, or hearing live carolers.

Good luck with yours! And congrats on having (and knowing you have) a thousand blessings with your family. :)

Lisa said...

I'm with you Fiona! Although I suffer from 'un-festiveness' every year... and I don't really care. Christmas is exhausting. A great deal of fuss and bother and stress. Surely it isn't supposed to be that way.

PS... I put up my tree today. It's the BEST!

PS2... (lol) All the best with the job interviews!