Saturday, February 28, 2009

Balance




I am feeling proud of myself. I think I've done a good job with the uni work I have completed this week. I've got through the work I had decided to do, and I think the quality of my work is good.

But what have I sacrificed along the way? I feel a bit like I've been on crash diet. You know how you can stick it out for a limited amount of time, but there's no way you could keep it up for life? Well that's how I feel about the amount of time and effort I have put into my uni work this week. There's no way I could keep it up for life! I'm tired. My house looks like a bomb site. I haven't taken the time to exercise or meditate. Even my sex life has suffered!

What I'm looking for here is balance. A way to spend enough time on my academic work to be proud of my results, without jeopardising my health and general well-being. I don't want to be told that my problem is time-management! I don't want to feel inadequate by comparing myself to other students who have longer work hours or a more demanding life situation and still get their work done! I just want to do the best I can being me.

Now I'm off to bed to start practising what I'm preaching...maybe I'll just check the forums first...

No comments: