Monday, June 15, 2009

I get knocked down, but I get up again

The upstairs villa is the one that my friend and I stayed in this weekend for our luxury girls' getaway. We had a wonderful time, everything was fantastic, but I don't feel up to going into details right now because my mind and emotions are in turmoil. Just before leaving on Friday, I opened my mail to find out that I had failed one of my uni assignments. I put it out of my mind so that I could enjoy myself over the weekend, but now that I'm back and have read the comments all over again, I'm quite upset.
I'm going to follow up a few queries I have with the lecturer, but I don't imagine it will get me any more marks! I'll just feel better to have voiced my concerns.

8 comments:

L Steinfurth said...

Hi Fiona,
You have me worried now. My assignment is yet to be returned and I need 31.5 to pass the subject. I am hoping the return of yours has not dragged your total down too much?
Just speak to the lecturer and see what they have to say. Can't do too much about it now. (Am already planning my return to ETL401 for Sem 1 next year...:-) Just hope it does not become a reality!)

Good luck!

BTW I can't add to your reading list, however, David Legge is a really clever illustrator and wrote a couple of simple picture books a few years ago. "Bamboozled" and "Rise and Shine." He has since illustrated books for Margaret Wild "Baby Boomsticks" and Frances Watts "Kisses for Daddy." + a few others. Worth looking at Bamboozled in particular.

Fiona said...

Good luck Louise and thanks for your comments. I'm not sure what you mean by "I can't add to your reading list." Does the link not work for you, or do you just mean that you don't have time to post a review?

penszen said...

I'm sorry to hear about assignment, Fiona. Man, this course is hard. I've been in touch with my old school about a TL job next year, which if I get, means I can't just quietly drop out of the course. So the pressure's on! Good luck with your job application to the public library and keep up with the blog. I enjoy checking in every now and then.
Try to enjoy the break without dwelling on the result.
Penny

Fiona said...

Thanks for the encouragement!

Diane said...

I just came across your blog, and wanted to let you know I think it is great! Thanks

Fiona said...

Thanks Diane! It's still a work in progress, that's for sure. I still haven't worked out exactly what sort of blog it is!

L Steinfurth said...

Hi Fiona,

Link won't work for reading list. Not sure if it is my computer or some other issue, though will try again at a later point. Good idea though!

Fiona said...

Penny has been able to use the link for the reading list so I think it must be your computer. Maybe if you are using a school computer it blocks the site that I used to create my guestbook??? Not sure.