Friday, April 29, 2011

A New Goal!



Starting weight: 80.5 kg

Last week's weight: 71.1 kg

Current weight: 70.2 kg

Loss this week: 0.9 kg

Things are going well in the weight loss department. I seem to have conquered my need to constantly check my weight and I don't appear to have plateaued yet!

I have now reached an exciting stage in my Weight Watchers journey. Because I have lost 10% of my weight, I have been given the option to either move on the the maintenance plan or set a new goal weight.

I don't know how it works if you go to meetings, but I like this about the online plan. It means that WW acknowledges the fact that I've lost a significant amount of weight, am much healthier than I was before, and may want to just work on maintaining this loss. I think this would be a perfectly valid choice for lots of people, particularly if the 10% loss had put them within the healthy weight range for their height, or if the loss had taken a long time and they needed a break from losing for a while.

For me however, the healthy weight range is 50 - 62 kg, so I still have a way to go. And the loss hasn't taken very long, only 11 weeks, so I'm still feeling motivated and ready to keep going.

So I've set a new goal: 57 kg

I know it's pretty light (only about 125 pounds) but I'm short and I weighed in the 50-55 kg range when I was first married so I think it's probably do-able.

Onward and upward, or should that be downward?

Now I highly recommend that you click on the button at the top of this post and go visit Brandy at You Don't Know. She has a picture of her toxic toe blister that you just have to see! (She's a runner now.)

Thanks for stopping by!

9 comments:

Nina said...

Indeed a very good job! ;)
Have a great weekend.

Brandy@YDK said...

great job!!!! i just know you will do great on the way to your next goal.

Shannon said...

Keep it up, lady! You'll be at your goal weight in no time.

sammy said...

Wooo hooo!!!

Cerise said...

You are doing great! Congrats on making it to 10%!! Onward and Downward! You can totally reach that goal!

Beth said...

Congrats! That's fantastic progress in a short amount of time. Thanks for sharing your weight-loss journey, and good luck for a continued drop in weight! :D

Melissa said...

Great job on 10%!!!!

Dillypoo said...

Woo hoo on 10%!

Sorry for the late comment, but for some reason my home computer tends to lock up when I try and comment on blogs. Very annoying!

Zookeeper Jess said...

Fantastic! Keep up the awesome work!