Tuesday, March 9, 2010

What to do on a Rainy Day.

what is the best way to spend a rainy day?

Table topics Tuesdays is thanks to Shannon at Welcome to the NutHouse.
To play along, click here.

OK folks, this one's easy!

A rainy day is best spent tucked up inside, preferably in bed, reading! And I don't mean reading school text books, or something serious for the Social Justice Challenge. (Not that there's anything wrong with either of these...) I mean reading fabulously trashy quick-read fiction; or re-reading a much loved "comfort book".

My favourites?

I can't go past Charlaine Harris for fabulously trashy fiction. I mean that in the nicest possible way! Nothing like some hot sex and vampires on a rainy day.

Or, if I'm feeling a bit fragile, or in need of TLC, my go-to re-read is Harry Potter. I just find it somehow comforting to re-visit the world of Hogwarts.

To re-visit my adolescence and get some vampires into the bargain, then the Twilight saga is good value.

Of course, I can just read whatever's on my bedside table (at the moment The Slap by Christos Tsiolkas).

I love a rainy day...as long as I don't have to go out in it!

8 comments:

Shannon said...

"as long as I don't have to go out in it!"

EXACTLY! LOL.


And I love the Sookie books, too!

Kathie @ Just a Happy Housewife said...

Excellent reading choices!

Amy said...

I love to read too! It's raining today and I had to/have to get out in it...work! yuck!

The Royal Family said...

reading is good but not happening around this house with kids

the buzz, Brandy

lynn said...

Those are great choices for reading in the rain! I'm in the middle of reading the Sookie books right now!

Jane In The Jungle said...

Love that sex and vampire stuff...and her other books aren't too bad either!!

Fiona said...

I love Harris' "grave" series too, in fact I'm waiting for Grave Surprise to be ready to pick up from my local library :)

Brandy said...

You got the right idea for sure! Which reminds me I need to start reading the True Blood series again. I got so busy during the holidays that I had to put it to the side.