Monday, May 18, 2009

Feeling Flat

I have been working hard the last few days on getting my assignments to an "almost finished" stage. With both of them due so close together, I'm not able to fully complete one, then go on to the other, which would be my usual preference for working.
I have completed the draft of the 503 collection management policy. I have now set it aside for a few days, hoping that when I read through it again I will have fresh eyes and will be able to whip it into shape to submit.
I have also written a draft for part a of 401, comparing 3 information skills models. I am way over budget with my word count, and have been having trouble expressing what I want to say. But at least it's "on paper" (so to speak) and I'll be able to rework it after the 503 assignment is submitted. I've also started planning part b of 401, the evaluation of the professional standards for teacher librarians.
All this heavy work has left me feeling drained and flat. After posting here, I'm going to relax for the evening so I have the energy to get up and do it all again tomorrow. I've got a lot of work (non-uni, the paying type!) tomorrow which will be tiring, so I need to prepare myself. I'm not one of those people with boundless energy that can just go and go and go. I have to pace myself.
I must say, I'm a bit disappointed that noone has "signed my guestbook" yet. I really do feel quite excited about the idea of collecting book reviews and all the follow on options it will give me. I could feature "Book of the Month" or "Reviewer of the Month" or post Top 10 Lists of books reviewed on my blog.
I know I have a very small blog readership, and everyone is busy with their assignments. So I completely understand why I have no responses yet. But I will be awfully excited when I finally have one!

No comments: