Monday, May 11, 2009

Twilight Mums

Check out the latest Skerricks post (see my blog list) re middle aged mums taking over their teenaged daughter's reading material.

I am one of said mums (though I don't think I'm quite middle aged!) who has been letting her inner teenager run riot with Edward fantasies! My daughter has just turned 11 and is not into Twilight (yet), she imagines that it will be too scary! I have passed on my well worn copies to two friends, both with 12 year old daughters who have been fighting their mums for the books!
I was interested to read that teenage girls didn't enjoy the fourth installment Breaking Dawn so much because (SPOILER ALERT!!!) Bella and Edward had to grow up and become responsible (marriage and parenthood). I actually enjoyed the fourth book the most. So maybe I'm not as much of a teenager as I thought I was.
Re-watched the (Twilight) movie on Saturday night. Not nearly as satisfying as the book, and yet I can't wait for the next movie! Go figure...

No comments: