Thursday, May 7, 2009


I have been frustrated this week because I haven't been getting as much uni work done as I would like to. It feels like nothing has gone quite to plan, and it's been hard to find some uninterrupted time to focus on writing.

But I've decided now to put those negative thoughts behind me. It is what it is, I've decided just to accept it and move forward from here.


I've been working on my collection management policy, and I think it's going OK! I feel like some sections almost write themselves. For example, there is a lot of agreement in the literature I've read about appropriate selection criteria, so I don't feel like I've got to reinvent the wheel.


When I read back over what I've written and edit, I must remember to check that I'm being appropriately professional and critical in my writing. The feedback from my first assignment indicated that I could have benefitted from being less descriptive and more critical, so I must work on that.


I promised regular readers that they'd hear about dishwashers, so here we go...


I've never had a dishwasher. I've never minded washing up. But friends of mine (who have dishwashers) have told me that once I have one, I'll never go back! If you've been reading, you'll know that my husband has been busily renovating our house with a view to updating the kitchen, among other improvements. It's going really well, (picture above), and I now have a dishwasher (still in its box) waiting to be installed. Last night my husband was demolishing away happily in the kitchen and asked, "How many days can you do without a sink?", a scary question if ever I heard one!
I also promised some talk about Twilight, but that will have to wait for another day.


No comments: