Thursday, April 2, 2009

Becoming Conscious of my Study Process


Sounds like a very serious title, doesn't it! As I proceed on to my second assignment, I am simultaneously evaluating the success of my first one. My experiences then are informing my approach now. I'm coming to realise that I approach this whole study thing very intuitively. I have confidence in my intelligence and skills, and don't explicitly think about my process. I think I might find that thinking explicitly about my process improves my results.

I think it's good that I'm open to trying new ways of doing things. I think it's great that I'm not hung up on perfection, but see improvement and learning as way more important.

My daughter is completing a school project as we speak. It's interesting to watch her work. The whole experience of collecting information has been like pulling teeth. But now that she's putting together a presentation of what she has learned, her whole demeanor has changed. I talked to her about how she was feeling, and she told me that she really enjoyed the creativity of this aspect of the project. Interesting, isn't it, that we are all different and enjoy different aspects of learning.

No comments: