Sunday, April 19, 2009

My assignment has been submitted, for better or worse. I still don't have my mark for my first assignment, so I have no feedback on my work to help me improve yet. Hopefully I'll have something back soon, so that I can use the marker's comments to inform my work. I really want to do well.
I am starting to form a mental picture of the TL's role. I feel it would be very important for me to be well organised if I were to have any hope at all of fulfilling the role. I think I would need written policies for Collection Development and Information Literacy, a clear set of short, medium and long term goals, and some sort of weekly/monthly timetable so I get everything done! I'm thinking back to Covey's 7 habits and I'm imagining setting out my goals and then timetabling things in that I can do each week to move forward on each of the goals.
For example: Monday - attend Stage 3 planning meeting, Tuesday - weed junior fiction A-B, Wednesday - write weekly Library update for school intranet, Thursday - you get the picture...
On another topic...Loving the new King of Leons' single - in fact am loving the whole album. Also still enjoying Britney's Circus and Pink.
Books I fancy re-reading: Gone with the Wind (it's been ages!) and Pride and Prejudice.

1 comment:

riddleywalker said...

"Monday - attend Stage 3 planning meeting, Tuesday - weed junior fiction A-B, Wednesday - write weekly Library update for school intranet, Thursday - you get the picture..."


We have no policy and no meetings: We talk in corners ;))

I think I read Gone With the Wind 30 odd years ago . . . a bodice ripper really and not great literature despite being a good read. 'I don't give a damn' . . . etc . . .

Pride and Prejudice - one of my favourite things in the world. Jane Austen is the writer: I like satire.

Kings of Leon!!!!

Anne