Thursday, April 23, 2009


It's only a day since I got my first assignment back (which happened to be the due date for my second assignment). Already I feel excited about getting stuck into my remaining two assignments (for this semester). Gee I bounce back quickly!
I think I have learnt a fair bit about how I best work now - it is all coming back to me after a long break from study. I hope I will be able to do a really good job of these next two. Unfortunately I seem to like to do one thing at a time, so I think it's inevitable that I will complete the 503 assignment before I do much on 401.
In other news...the kids are back from their little holiday at my parents' place, the renovation is going well, and I seem to be holding it all together OK.
I hope the TL at my local school doesn't get too sick of me too soon! I have sent off an email to her asking for some information and statistics on her collection. I feel I need to know this stuff to do my 503 assignment - writing a collection management policy that is applicable to the school context. I do, however, feel like I'm a bit annoying to her. The stuff I want to know, or think is important, isn't always the stuff that she wants to tell me, or thinks is important herself. She is resigned to "the way things are" and does a good job within the status quo. I can't help, though, looking for improvements - after all, it's my job to be a bit idealistic and be focusing on "best practice".
I'm probably going to rip her existing policy to shreds - not that I'd tell her that, of course! But the assignment specs do say to write an "exemplary" policy (hope I can do that!!!).

No comments: