Friday, April 24, 2009

Onward and upward!

Today Ashley posted some stats for the first assignment on the website, so I'm feeling a lot happier about my mark now. I still want my next one to be better though!
I feel like my biggest problem for this next assignment is the one I keep harping on; I'm not actually on the floor, in a library, day in day out. I have to get my information second hand, make sure I don't offend her with any of my comments or questions, and live with the fact that sometimes she simply doesn't quite answer my questions. It's like we have a bit of a communication blockage - she doesn't always hear what I really want to know. And I'm never quite as blunt as I probably should be, because I don't want to step on any toes! A difficult situation.
What I really need is data about the library collection. Just simple numbers would be ok; I'm sure I'm capable of using them to make an evaluation using a collection map or similar. If she has any previous collection evaluations, more the better. I guess I'm just worried that she doesn't have the information I need, or gives me what she thinks I want, but it isn't quite right. We'll see.
I also need to know how online resources fit in. I get the impression that she and the computer teacher do their own thing and never the twain shall meet. I don't remember seeing any computers in the library, I think they are all in the computer lab. (Technically within the library building, but a separate room and not accessible to library visitors.) That means I've got another person to get in touch with...

No comments: