Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Yesterday afternoon I felt a bit down. Worked hard all day on my assignment, then checked the TV program and realised there was nothing on. And I DIDN'T HAVE A BOOK TO READ!!! (Apart from texts and course readings.) Now I find reading a relaxing, yet stimulating experience. I read in bed, in the bath, at the table, at the park...anywhere! And for the last couple of months I have been on a forced diet of "serious" reading only. And I hadn't even been to the library to borrow any novels for weeks and weeks. (The local librarian will be wondering what happened to me.)
What was I to do????
Never fear, decided to re-read Breaking Dawn, the 4th book (and my favourite) in the Twilight saga by Stephenie Meyer.
Re-reading a favourite is quite satisfying. You know what's coming, but when it does, you experience it all over again.
Now I'm going to read over my assignment, and see if I still like it!

2 comments:

L Steinfurth said...

Hi Fiona,

Love your blog...No reason to keep it hidden.
My computer decided to freeze this morning, so instead of stewing, took the kids to the park and have only just got back to it. All now fine. (Needed an upgrade about 2 years ago!)
If you send me your email address I can invite you to view my blog. I was a little worried about Dept of Ed viewing anything 'bolshie' (To copy a friend's favourite term!).
everyone seems to be in the same position study wise. After the first lot of marks are known, perhaps we'll all be able to relax (or panic) from then. At least we'll have a definite idea of where we are in terms of expectation.
Must get back to study!
All the best, Louise.

lsteinfurth@gmail.com

Fiona said...

Thanks Louise, it's quite exciting when I have a comment to read! I will send you my email address.