Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Techno Savvy



I am much more adventurous when on the computer these days. I used to like to know exactly how to do something before I started. I always wanted to know what was going to happen before I clicked on anything! I didn't want any surprises, or anything that might be hard to undo, or might in some way cause me more time and effort. I didn't like to "fiddle" or "muddle along" or "work it out as I went along".

Now I've realised that it's not too bad to just click and see what happens! You never make a mistake so bad that it can't be fixed, and it's not so scary. I've also used the "help" functions in programs a lot more, and found that most of the time they do help! So I think I'm making good progress. I don't seem to have those moments when I wish my computer could hear me yelling at it anymore!

No comments: