Just a quick post to suggest checking out http://www.andrewsproject.webs.com
This is the school project of a classmate's of my daughter.
I have noticed quite a few things about my children's school projects:
- the teachers try to allow children to present their knowledge using a range of techniques and tools
- children are rarely given information about what is expected from them
- the children's products vary considerably, especially in standard
- the children are not explicitly taught any skills or processes to use when working on their projects
- my daughter doesn't enjoy research
- my daughter likes everything to be quick, neat and easy.